This is like a chain letter. I WAS TAGGED!
A new friend to ElizabethTwist, a fellow campaigner and fantasy and horror writer Angeline Trevena (who is also our new best hope for an accurate and effective dick joke evaluation scale) tagged her to answer eleven questions. Thanks, Angeline!
Angeline was tagged by by Kaylie Austen , a YA, sci-fi, and fantasy writer, who posted 11 random questions to answer about herself.
Elizabeth Twist sent these questions for me:
1. What are you reading?
I just finished the third book in the City of Dragon series from Robin Hobb. I have lost myself in her work over several series, the best was the first title Assassin’s Apprentice. The dragon book I just finished was a potboiler and could be skipped.
2. What is your favourite creative activity that is not writing?
I love to attend the Joffrey Ballet here in Chicago, maybe because ballet uses no words!
3. Where or how do you get your best ideas?
From reading and solving problems. How do women solve problem differently than the methods men use? My characters always follow this mode.
4. If you could magically and painlessly change one thing about your mind or body, what would it be, if anything?
I would strengthen my back for long hours sitting at the computer answering random questions.
5. What's the scariest movie, story, novel, or scene you can recall?
I avoid scary movies. I don’t need those images in my life. I’m old enough to feel terror at the mention of the movie “Psycho”.
6. What's the weirdest thing you believe?
I believe my father is waiting to greet me in Heaven. I really believe this.
7. Super strength or super intelligence?
Let’s go with the smarts: it’s less work.
8. You're granted the ability to become invisible. Where do you go and what do you do? (Bonus question: are you wearing clothes? I mean, what about YOUR becoming invisible makes your clothes invisible too? This has always bothered me.)
I would need clothes. I don’t like cold feet. I had a friend once who claimed if a woman wears black and tan together, she is invisible on the street (read: defensive dressing). I have put this concept to the test, and indeed, servers ignore me at Starbucks and at Target!!
9. What one change do you think would have the most positive impact on the world as a whole?
Remove that nut-job in Iran.
10. What is the crappiest advice you've ever been given?
Avoid self-publishing because you will lose the respect of the publishing industry. I could never get their attention, so losing respect is moot.
11. What's your favourite song right now?
I’m Every Woman.